You can make an impact by sharing your time and talents
Group Volunteer Opportunities
NOTE: These volunteer opportunities have been modified to fit recent COVID-19 guidelines
Host a Party at one of our campus, volunteer your time for admin tasks, participate in a work service project, even coordinate a capstone project!
Projects such as landscaping, program supply drives and cleaning to create an excellent environment for the children of NewPath are great opportunities to bond with fellow co-workers, church members or others, while contributing to a worthy cause. Groups, companies, and clubs are invited to host a party for the children. There are also opportunities available off-site, such as organizing a donation drive on behalf of NewPath. There is an abundance of ways you can volunteer your time to make an impact in the lives of so many children. If any of the volunteer opportunities below are of interest to you, we would love to hear from you! Please feel free to share any other ideas or talents you have.
Host Weeknight Party/Dinner – Opportunity for Groups, Organizations, Clubs & Companies (15 Volunteers Max):
- Host a gathering for our children in Residential
- Monday through Thursday Evening’s 5:00 – 7:00PM
- Plan Dinner and Activity: organized crafts or a game in the gym
- We are always open to new ideas!
- Approximately 34 children, plus staff – total of 50
- Please consider healthy food options: fruit, cheese sticks, granola bars, fruit snacks, crackers etc.
- Please avoid: gum, sucker, and all peanut butter products
Host a Holiday/Reward Party – Opportunity open to Large Groups, Organizations, Clubs & Companies (15 Volunteers Max):
- Elementary & Middle School Education Program, (K-8th grade):
- Host during school hours; Monday through Thursday mornings, 9-10:00AM
- Recreation Room; air hockey, ping pong, organized crafts and activities are encouraged
- Please provide healthy treat or goodie bag for approximately 12-24 children
- Please avoid: gum, suckers, and all peanut butter products
- Afternoon times available if providing lunch with the activity; 10:30-11:20AM
- High School Education Program, (9-12th grade):
- Host during school hours Monday through Thursday
- Available 1 hour time slots between 11:00AM-1:00PM, specific day/time arranged
- Gym available to play kickball, basketball, corn hole etc., upon request
- Please provide treats/goodie bags for approximately 12-24 young adults/teens
- Please avoid: gum, suckers, and all peanut butter products
Host an After School Party – Opportunity for Small Groups, Clubs, & Companies (15 Volunteers Max):
- Host a gathering for our After School Program on Tuesday or Thursday evenings; 5:00PM-6:00PM
- Recreation Room, Cafeteria and Gym available; air hockey, ping pong, organized crafts/activities are encouraged
- Please provide a healthy a snack, (fruit, granola bars, gold fish, etc.) for approximately 20 children
Admin Task Volunteer – Opportunity open to Individuals, Small Groups, Clubs, Organizations, etc. (5 Volunteers Max):
- Volunteers provide administrative support; scanning files, organizing/sorting donations
- Offer support to education staff; running copies, creating packets for student use, laminating
- worksheets etc.
- Other tasks as assigned or as need arises
Work Service Project – Opportunity open to Large Groups, Clubs, Organizations, & Companies (Number of Volunteers Flexible):
- Upon availability, landscaping and cleaning projects can be scheduled Monday through Thursday during work hours (8:00AM – 4:00PM)
- Work Service projects can take place at both of our Cincinnati Campuses.
- If your company has a budget for volunteer projects, we welcome donations to help pay for mulch, plants/flowers, paint, or cleaning supplies.
- We always welcome new ideas for Service Projects!
Capstone Projects – Opportunity open to students in need of Service Projects/Hours:
- Plan a group volunteer project
Organize an Item or Fund Drive:
- Gift Card Drive: ($5-$25 amounts, Target, Kroger, fast food etc.)
- Home Items Drive: pots/pans, cutting board, casserole dish, plates, bowls, serving containers, wooden spoon, water pitcher, iron, ironing board, seasonings, sponges, dish soap, towels, kitchen utensil set, non-stick bakeware, glasses/cups, mixing bowls, measuring cups/spoons, full sheet sets, shower curtain, pillows, comforters, hangers, bath towels, all-purpose cleaners, new furniture etc.
- School Supply Drive: Backpacks, notebooks, posters, pen/pencils, dry erase markers, etc.
- Toy Drive: Legos, board games, nerf footballs and basketballs, Hot Wheels, dolls, superhero
action figures, cards, movies, puzzles etc.
- Hygiene Drive: deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap, ethnic hair products,
feminine hygiene products, toothbrush, toothpaste, towels, body spray, brushes, combs etc.
At NewPath we are always open to new project ideas, please reach out and share thoughts/ideas!
- Donation Drives – Please note that ALL DONATIONS MUST BE NEW & UNUSED
If interested in donating, please contact us at Volunteer@sjokids.org to coordinate delivery of donations to our Main Campus
Classroom Pen-Pal Volunteer – Opportunity open to Organizations, Clubs, Teams, Groups, & Students:
- Volunteers to write letters to one of our classrooms; discussing exciting events, sports, animals, curriculum, etc.
- Our students will read letter(s) and respond back as a class with their teacher
- Frequency TBD, based on teacher commitment/schedule
NewPath has an ongoing need for the following items:
- School and art supplies: Markers, colored pencils, construction/scrapbook paper, pencil bags, art kits/craft kits etc.
- Gift cards: Fast food restaurants, clothing, etc. ($5 – $25 amounts)
- Clothing Male/Female: Sizes from infant-adult 4XL (sweatpants/drawstring shorts, tshirts, socks, shoes (gym shoes, cleats, etc.), & undergarments)
- Personal Care Items: Deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap, ethnic hair products, feminine hygiene products, toothbrush, toothpaste, towels, body spray, brushes, combs etc.