Residential Intervention Services
Residential Interventions for Children and Adolescents
Our Residential Interventions provide safe, secure, and trauma-responsive residential services in a therapeutic environment. Services are designed to facilitate each child’s transition to a safe and less restrictive environment. Residential interventions are provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week, year round.
The program provides a comprehensive therapeutic environment to assist youth who display moderate to severe emotional or behavioral disturbance and/ or youth who have become a risk to their own safety or the safety of others. With a focus on emotional well-being, social growth, and safety, the structured daily routine is governed by principles of trauma informed care. Services aim to provide diagnostic clarity and behavioral stabilization for each youth by providing strengths-based interventions, a relationship-centered environment, and an array of individualized mental health services.
Our Residential Intervention Services are an integrated program of individual, family and group therapy activities, case management, pharmacological management and individualized academic instruction. These services, along with person-centered collaborative treatment planning with the youth, family and all invested parties (guardians, Guardians Ad Litem, placing agencies, magistrates, program staff, etc.) are designed to enhance the youth’s strengths, teach pro-social behaviors and prepare the youth to transition to an appropriate less restrictive level of care. Each youth completes an individualized program of self-management and skill development focused on the behavioral concerns identified by the guardian and treatment team.
Our Residential Intervention Services serve youth ages 5-17
Both Male & Female Youth
Length of Stay
By implementing best practice standards of care, these services provide a safe, supervised environment that allow youth to develop needed skills for healthy, alternative behaviors. Youth in all residential programs attend our Day Treatment and Education Programs, along with weekly individual therapy sessions and Case Management.
We provide many activities to enhance our youth’s personal confidence, and offer youth the chance to participate in various team sports, field-trips, and other on and off campus group activities.
Residential Services Include:
- Mental health diagnostic assessments
- Case Management (CPST) and treatment team coordination
- Individual and family therapy
- Special Education on-site
- Day Treatment programming provided by our Therapeutic Group Leaders, promoting pro-social self-management skills (self expression, healthy management strategies of feelings, strategies to improve family and peer relationships, etc.)
- Psycho-pharmacological management and medication education by Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists and Psychiatric Nurses, including 60 days of medication or prescriptions post discharge. Medical assessment and connection to community resources by a Pediatrician, Advanced Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Active and continuous staff supervision at all times, focusing on in-the-moment skill development
- High level of involvement with families, natural support systems, community volunteers, legal guardians, and community partners