Virtual Adoptions & Foster Care – Here to Stay
Read Full Story and watch Video by Spectrum News 1.
Adoptions in Hamilton County, Ohio are now available online. There are over 400 child in Hamilton County alone still waiting on adoption. The need for foster parents and foster-to-adopt parents is still a pressing need as well. St. Joseph Orphanage offers a variety of benefits to our foster parents. All of our Foster Parents are screened and background tested to ensure the safety of children placed in the Ohio foster homes we license.
How to Foster or Adopt During COVID-19
Getting started with adopting and foster care is a process, but is one that St. Joseph Orphanage helps you every step of the way. Getting stated is easy, simply reach out to us no matter where you are at in the process. Do you have questions? Want more information about fostering or adopting? Or are you ready to get started? Below are some helpful tips to help you on your journey:
Foster Care and Foster-to-Adopt
1) Inquire online or by calling our remote foster care number: (513) 549-7788
2) Our agency would respond and reach back out to you
3) Once you are ready, we would connect you with the Virtual Training Session Schedule
4) You would complete the Foster Parent Training online
5) We would provide a Home Study (we will help you prepare and teach you everything you need to know)
6) The process to become an Ohio Licensed Home would begin and you would receive your licensure!
7) Once you are licensed, you are ready to start taking placements of children in your loving home.
8) We will continue to be a support as you obtain a placement offering advice, support, and services
Benefits Virtual Training Sessions
We have heard from several foster parents and future foster parents that the virtual trianings offer more convenience to complete the trainings from their home. We have had a lot of great feedback from our foster parents that would not normally be able to complete the training due to schedule conflicts. We have heard from several parents that the opportunity to do trainings online has been a blessing to fulfill their calling to help children find loving homes. St. Joseph Orphanage is a very family oriented group and takes care of one another and has created innovative ways to support our families.
How Can I Learn More About Fostering/Adopting
Complete the form below and we will be in touch with you shortly to provide additional details about fostering or adopting.